Tuesday 18 May 2010

New Politics, New Motors, New Jobs (some better than others)

I watched Jeremy Browne, that gangling Taunton MP chap, getting into a Ministerial limo on tv the other night. Apparantly he's landed some minor role at the FO under the new coalition team. It appears that we all have to cooperate now. The other day Sam Crabb skipped up to me in a spirit of over-eager camaraderie (rather like a poor-man's Vince Cable) and asked if he could borrow my little runabout. "Ha" says I, "I doubt if your head would poke above the dashboard!" But I have agreed to let him wash the windscreen for a small consideration. This is the spirit of meaningful cooperation that Dave and Nick waxed about in the Downing Street rose garden. They want us to foster it down here too. You can rely on me to roll out the red carpet. And Eunice tells me she is more than happy to roll on the carpet whatever the colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment